The Hutto Recycling Center is located on two enclosed acres at the entrance to the Williamson County Landfill on F.M. 1660 north of Hutto. Click here for directions.
The Hutto Recycling Center is available for Williamson County residential customers only (no commercial customers). There is no fee to use the facility. Please sort items before dropping them off. Bundle newspapers or collect them in brown paper grocery bags, not plastic bags. Residents are invited to pick up and re-use paint dropped off at the center.
Accepted at no charge:
- Used oil
- Scrap metal
- Newspapers and magazines
- Aluminum cans
- Computer-related items:
- Computers (desktop and laptop)
- Cords & cables
- Hard drives (External or Internal)
Dell and Goodwill Industries do not accept liability for lost or confidential data or software. You are responsible for backing up any valuable information and erasing sensitive data from the hard drive before dropping it off. (If you want to completely erase the hard drive, you can find a number of free services available online.)
- Household electronics:
- Stereo equipment
- Telephone, cell phones
- Plastic (#1-7)
- Williamson County residents may recycle up to 10 gallons of paint per day at no charge.
- Williamson County residents will be charged an additional fee beginning with the 11th gallon.
- Water Base Paint - $7.50/gal
- All partial gallons are charged as one full gallon.
- Household batteries - Batteries must have negative and positive terminals covered with electrical tape before delivering to Recycle Center.
Accepted, for a fee:
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners: $40 plus fees and taxes
- Plastic grocery/retail bags
- Wax-coated or foil-coated boxes such as ice cream boxes
- Foam cups or packing materials
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Oil Base Paint
Household Hazardous Waste Day
Williamson County and Waste Management host two Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days each year. Click here for more information.