The Hutto Recycling Center is located on two enclosed acres at the entrance to the Williamson County Landfill on F.M. 1660 north of Hutto. Click here for directions.
The Hutto Recycling Center is available for Williamson County residential customers only (no commercial customers). There is no fee to use the facility. Please sort items before dropping them off. Bundle newspapers or collect them in brown paper grocery bags, not plastic bags. Residents are invited to pick up and re-use paint dropped off at the center.
Accepted at no charge:
- Used oil
- Scrap metal
- Newspapers and magazines
- Aluminum cans
- Computer-related items:
- Computers (desktop and laptop)
- Cords & cables
- Hard drives (External or Internal)
Dell and Goodwill Industries do not accept liability for lost or confidential data or software. You are responsible for backing up any valuable information and erasing sensitive data from the hard drive before dropping it off. (If you want to completely erase the hard drive, you can find a number of free services available online.)
- Household electronics:
Due to space constraints, no console (furniture television pieces) or excessive rear projection type TVs
- Stereo equipment
- Telephone, cell phones
- Plastic (#1-7)
- Residents, businesses and contractors: limit 10 gallons per visit; more than 10 gallons are charged a fee: waster based paint is $7.50 per gallon, oil-based paint is $9.50 per gallon. Parital gallons are charged at the one-gallon rate.
- Fluorescent light bulbs
- Household batteries
Accepted, for a fee:
- Refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners: $40 plus fees and taxes
- Car tires: $10
- Truck tires: $15
- Plastic grocery/retail bags
- Wax-coated or foil-coated boxes such as ice cream boxes
- Foam cups or packing materials
Household Hazardous Waste Day
Williamson County and Waste Management host two Household Hazardous Waste Collection Days each year. Click here for more information.