Facility Information

Site History

The Williamson County Landfill located off of Highway 1660 was permitted by the TCEQ in December 1981 as a Type 1 municipal solid waste landfill that accepts non-hazardous household, commercial and industrial and special wastes. The County has contracted with Waste Management of Texas since the mid-1980s to operate the facility.

The facility consist of approximately 575 permitted acres, with a total landfill footprint of approximately 423 acres. The Williamson County Landfill provides not only environmentally safe waste disposal for customers, but also is a convenient, affordable and competitive option for both large and small businesses and residents.

Williamson County opened the Recycling Center in 2005, and in June 2009, Waste Management began operating it.  The Recycling Center has kept more than 1,550 tons of recyclable material from becoming part of the landfill.  For more information, visit our Recycling Center webpage.

Twice a year, Waste Management holds Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events.  Click here for more information.

Waste Management strives to be a good corporate neighbor and to be active in the community.  Go to our Community Involvement page for more information.